Summer Camp 2020
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, Kantorei will be offering our summer camp as an online learning experience. Despite the challenges presented by this unprecedented situation, we remain committed to offering high-quality vocal music instruction to our community. We hope you will join us!
Hear from our Artistic Director, Dylan Ladd, about this exciting opportunity!
Thank you for considering this opportunity. Please contact us with any questions!
Information and Registration
Who can participate?
Camp is open to all students entering 8th grade through the 12th grade. If you have a younger, experienced singer, feel free to contact us to discuss their participation. Our limited range reflects the considerations of best instructional practices in a digital learning environment. Please note that we are only accepting 20 students per week, so don't delay!
When will students be meeting and working online?
Camp will run as five stand-alone weekly sessions beginning on July 6 and ending August 7th. Students can sign up for any or all weeks of camp, although there is a discounted rate for multiple weeks outlined below.
Each week of camp will focus on a specific genre or style of music:
- July 6-10: Classical/Art Song
- July 13-17: Classic Broadway
- July 20-24: Modern Broadway
- July 27-31: 50s/60s music
- August 3-7: Pop Music
Students will use Google Classroom and Zoom to participate in the following activities each week. We strive to maximize learning while limiting screen time, so our virtual camp "hours" will run from 9:00-12:00 each day.
- Monday - Group Zoom lesson with Mr. Ladd.
- Tuesday - Thursday - Each student will have an individual lesson, practice their music, and complete assigned theory lessons and activities.
- Friday: Students will submit a video performance and participate in a group watch party.
What technology will be required?
Students will need daily access to an internet-connected device with a camera. This could be a smart phone, tablet, chrome book or computer.
What are the registration fees?
Camp is available in several packages:
- Pre-registration for one week is $40. You may choose choose to add subsequent weeks for $35 each. Registration must be communicated to Mr. Ladd by Thursday of the week prior.
- Pre-registration for multiple weeks is $35 per week.
- Pre-registration for all five weeks is $135.
How to Register:
Registration consists of two steps.
Step One: Sign-up for our newsletter. This is how we will communicate more information as we approach the first week of camp.
Step Two: Complete the registration form.
Step Three: Submit your payment through PayPal. Click here to go to the payments page.