ABOUT & HISTORY
Since its inception in 1964, Kantorei’s mission has been to represent the finest tradition of youth choirs by offering an outstanding musical and cultural education while providing many opportunities for personal growth. Kantorei is committed to help build character in each choir member by instilling a sense of responsibility, self-discipline, and dedication towards a common goal.
Kantorei offers a performance-based music education that seeks to:
- Encourage and foster the development of a child’s singing voice.
- Promote the understanding of the value of music as an art.
- Represent the Rockford area as “Singing Ambassadors” and to promote international understanding through music.
- Build the character of each Kantorei member by providing discipline and opportunity for personal growth in a safe environment.
- Develop the potential and foster the desire for continued involvement in music beyond Kantorei.